Nu Skin Philippines, a subsidiary of Nu Skin Enterprises (NYSE: NUS), a global beauty and wellness leader, today introduced a smart skin treatment and cleansing device with a connected, immersive experience. Featuring Nu Skin’s patented micropulse technology, the new ageLOC® LumiSpa® iO system takes personalized beauty to a new level with customized treatment options, intelligent coaching, skincare routine tracking, and more. The ageLOC LumiSpa iO is the latest innovation from the world’s best-selling brand for beauty device systems for five consecutive years.
The ageLOC LumiSpa iO system includes five cleanser options that are scientifically formulated to enable precise cleansing and interaction with the skin. In conjunction with the Nu Skin VeraTM app released earlier this year, the ageLOC LumiSpa iO unlocks a new world of personalized skin care experiences.
Using the Nu Skin Vera app, users can create and save customized facial treatments that target key areas including the face, neck, and décolleté, as well as treatments that target the gentle skin around the eyes with the ageLOC LumiSpa Accent attachment. Users can also track usage, earn badges and awards, and receive tailored product recommendations based on skin care goals. Intelligent coaching with the device’s smart sensors helps guide the optimal movement and pressure of the device during treatments.
“The ageLOC LumiSpa iO represents our most advanced skincare device yet,” said Ryan Napierski, CEO of Nu Skin. “We’ve created a one-of-a-kind beauty device that integrates IoT technology to provide greater insights into a consumer’s personal beauty and wellness journey. Our scientific rigor in integrating smart beauty devices with scientifically formulated serums and treatments is a unique strength that other beauty brands can’t easily duplicate.”
Nu Skin continues to lead the way in the science of beauty devices with its proprietary micropulse oscillation technology, a unique counter-rotating action that draws out dirt, oil, makeup, pollutants, and toxins and lifts them away without irritating skin. Designed to be microbiome friendly, the LumiSpa iO respects the skin’s pH to help preserve its natural moisture barrier and doesn’t disrupt the skin’s natural microbiome balance—no matter a user’s age or skin type. The unique cleansing capabilities of the treatment heads help to maximize product efficacy by making skin more receptive to subsequent products.
The smart, rechargeable ageLOC LumiSpa iO device pairs with the Nu Skin Vera app to offer a personalized skin care experience, including:
- Skin consultation. An intuitive digital skin consultation tool uses a guided questionnaire to discover more about the user’s skin and lifestyle. Users can also snap a photo and leverage the app’s artificial intelligence (AI) technology to identify possible skin concerns. An advanced algorithm provides personalized product recommendations.
- Tutorials. Synchronized treatments provide a step-by-step guide to more youthful, healthy-looking skin.
- Intelligent coaching. Smart device sensors intelligently guide users to achieve optimal movement and pressure during treatments. The smart sensors also recognize which treatment head is attached and alert when it’s time to replace it.
- Customized facial treatments. Send and save personalized treatments from phone to device with the app or create customized treatments by adjusting the time and facial areas, e.g., treatments for morning or evening, after a workout, or heavy makeup use.
- Selfie timeline. See skin’s progress over time—week to week, month to month, or any day in between with the selfie timeline. Sharing features in the Nu Skin Vera app make it easy to share before-and-after results with friends.
“Consumers spend hundreds of dollars on premium beauty products and high-end spa treatments to minimize the appearance of dull skin, large pores, and uneven texture,” said Steve Hatchett, executive vice president, and chief product officer at Nu Skin. “The ageLOC LumiSpa iO is a cost-effective, at-home treatment device to achieve brighter, healthier, and more youthful-looking skin with a spa-like experience. Our patented counter-rotating action also deeply cleanses the skin so it’s more receptive to subsequent products, helping consumers make the most of their skincare investments.”
Clinical Testing and Skin Benefits
In a 12-week clinical efficacy study conducted by Nu Skin, clinical grading noted that individuals who used ageLOC LumiSpa with the Normal/Combo treatment cleanser reported visible improvements across multiple skin characteristics, including:
- 58% improvement in softness
- 47% improvement in smoothness
- 40% improvement in brightness
- 34% improvement in radiance
Participants noticed several of these improvements after just one use.
ageLOC LumiSpa iO System
The ageLOC LumiSpa iO system is gentle enough for twice-daily use on the face, neck and décolleté. The additional ageLOC LumiSpa Accent attachment targets the delicate area around the eyes with the LumiSpa IdealEyes® Activating Eye Cream
- ageLOC LumiSpa iO device: The ageLOC LumiSpa iO device uses patented, counter-oscillation technology to deliver seven key benefits in just two minutes twice per day. The dual-action device provides a superior skin-perfecting treatment and deep cleansing benefits simultaneously. With its soft silicone treatment head, the proprietary micropulse oscillation technology enables the device to move at a precise frequency to promote skin renewal, revealing smoother, softer skin after just one use. The new device also comes with a magnetic charger for convenient, inductive charging and is waterproof, making it perfect for keeping in the shower or on the counter for easy access.
- ageLOC LumiSpa iO cleansers: The device works in tandem with the five ageLOC LumiSpa iO facial cleansers: Dry, Normal/Combo, Oily, Sensitive and Blemish Prone. Each contains key ingredients to address specific skin needs most accurately.
- ageLOC LumiSpa treatment heads: The Gentle treatment head is recommended for sensitive or acne-prone skin. The Normal treatment head is for most skin types and the Firm treatment head is the most aggressive but not recommended for those with sensitive skin or acne-prone skin. Users can use different heads for different experiences each day.
- ageLOC LumiSpa iO Accent head: To target the delicate area around the eyes, the ageLOC LumiSpa iO Accent attachment is a one-of-a-kind treatment head that gently exfoliates skin and deeply stimulates the area around the eyes. The silicone treatment head and micropulse oscillation, when paired with ageLOC LumiSpa IdealEyes, targets under-eye bags, puffiness and under-eye circles.
Having just launched late this year, ageLOC LumiSpa iO is already receiving worldwide buzz including features in several news outlets, and bagging the “New Product of the Year” Award at the 2022 Business Intelligence Group (BIG) Awards for Business.
#BetterTogether: ageLOC LumiSpa iO and Inner Focus Collagen Plus
ageLOC LumiSpa iO is great on its own, but even better when paired with Inner Focus Collagen Plus. Designed to boost collagen and elastin production in the skin, visibly reduce fine line and wrinkles, and support healthy hydration, Inner Focus Collagen Plus is a delicious powdered drink that delivers even better results when taken alongside Nu Skin’s latest beauty device.
In the same clinical study, people who took Inner Focus Collagen Plus once a day and also used the ageLOC LumiSpa daily noticed nearly double the visible texture benefits compared to using an ageLOC LumiSpa regimen on its own, as well as additional improvements in radiance and overall appearance.
The ageLOC LumiSpa iO is now available in the Philippines for Php14,200 with 1 ageLOC LumiSpa Activating Cleanser. For more information, please visit nuskin.com.ph. The Nu Skin Vera app is available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Treatment heads sold separately including Gentle, Normal, and Firm variants, as well as the ageLOC LumiSpa iO Accent head will be available on the 2nd week of December 2022.