In an age of financial and economic uncertainty, it’s understandable that you want only the best ways to protect and make the most of your hard-earned money.
One of the most ideal ways to grow your funds is by opening an online time deposit (OTD) account, which is an interest-bearing account that lets you park your cash for a period of time, allowing it to earn interest that is a little higher than a regular deposit account.
Compared to other forms of investments, online time deposit takes on minimal risks, offers guaranteed returns, and deposits are insured by PDIC up to PHP 500,000 per depositor. The interest you get depends on two things: the amount of money you put in called your principal, and the length of the time or term you wish to set aside your cash. The larger the amount and the longer the term, the higher the interest rate you enjoy.
A good option to consider is Metrobank’s Online Time Deposit account. Not only does it offer one of the most competitive Time Deposit interest rates that start at over 4% per annum, it’s also incredibly accessible as you can easily open an account online.
Deposits ranging from PHP 10,000 to PHP 49,999 get to grow at 4.125% per annum for one year, all the way up to 4.5% per annum as you put in even more funds in your OTD account.
For Metrobank clients, opening an Online Time Deposit account can be done in just a few easy steps:
- Ensure that you have a Metrobank Online account.
- In your Online account, click the ‘Open Time Deposit’ icon in your Dashboard.
- Provide the needed details for your OTD placement, and click ‘Submit’ to proceed with your transaction.
- Input your 6-digit Metrobank Online account passcode, click ‘Submit.’ Once all your information is in, confirm your Online Time Deposit application by clicking ‘Done’.
If you’re not a Metrobank account holder yet, you can easily open a Savings account online via the Earnest app – no need to leave your house. Once you have a Metrobank Savings account, you can already open an Online Time Deposit account by simply following these steps:
- Log into your account on Earnest.
- Go to ‘Invest’, tap ‘Products’, then choose ‘Time Deposit’.
- Select the linked Metrobank account that you’ll use as your account, enter your time deposit details, and provide all required information.
With this Online Time Deposit offer, you can enjoy high-interest rates for your funds, combined with the convenience from digital platforms, and the security offered by a stable and trustworthy bank like Metrobank.
“By making Online Time Deposit easily accessible to our clients, we aim to provide a seamless and secure investment product, which allows them to focus on their priorities while their money grows steadily. Now, all that’s left for them to do is to set their financial goals – be it a savings boost or for additional travel funds, as they wait for their funds to mature,” said Digs Dimagiba, Metrobank Chief Marketing Officer.
Open an OTD account today through Metrobank Online or the Earnest app! You can also easily monitor your funds via the new Metrobank Mobile App.